Wednesday, February 26, 2014


A lot had changed from Season 3, mostly the Support Meta. Items, play style, and many more has changed.
I didn't play a lot of support until support Annie was introduced. She is by far my favorite support right now.
She brings so much to the table, like burst damage, zone control, incredible stun, and you can stun everyone on the enemy team with Tibbers.

There are 3 new starting items for supports right now, which can be built into really good items:
- Ancient Coin (Replaced Philospher Stone)
-Spellthief's Edge (Replaced Kage's Lucky Pick)
-Relic Shield (New Item For Tanky Supports Like Leona)

I usually start with the Ancient Coin because the passive makes you gain 2 gold every time a minion dies near you. I also like starting with Relic Shield because it makes you execute minions below or at 200 health and it also heals and give the same amount of gold to your nearest ally. This is great against ADCs that harass a lot like Caitlyn.

I usually rush Sightstone for the early wards and swap my Warding Totem for the Sweeping Lens once I aquire the Sightstone. Then I upgrade my Ancient Coin into a Talisman of Ascension, which is the new Shureliya's Revelry.

In the Laning Phase, try to protect your carry and adjust to your ADCs play style and champion. If you're laning with a Caitlyn which is super aggressive early, then play aggressive too. Same thing goes with champions that plays passive in the laning phase and only go aggressive at the right time. Try not to overextend in the early laning phase cause you could get ganked and that could set you behind.

Once you take the enemy's tower, try to roam and help out the other lanes NEVER leave your ADC. When your team is ahead try to start fights by Flash Tibbers or landing a Death Sentence. Try to CC assassins that try to kill your ADC and buff them in fights.Try to know when to engage and disengage in teamfights.

In my opinion, the best way to play as the support is to duo with your ADC. I met this guy in SoloQueue named Rex Oedipus. He's awesome, funny, friendly, and really smart. He is the best ADC I personally know. I usually Duo with him and play as the Support and he ADCs and vice versa. Communication is key to owning Bot Lane, try talking through Skype or Garena Talk.

I love Supporting if the ADC is nice or co-operative cause supporting an ADC that's a pain in the ass is not fun.If you want to try Support, start with simple Support champions like Soraka or Annie. Then once you get enough practice, try using harder ones like Thresh, the Flaymaker ( dem punz ) or Sona. Supporting is really underrated but it's really fun! Well this ends my blog post so have fun playing as the Support and GGWP!


0 comments:

Post a Comment